We started work on the Neighbourhood Plan in 2013. We consulted with the people of Crediton, official stakeholders and other relevant bodies to provide a relevant document to support the determination of planning applications and to guide future development,
- As the qualifying body, Crediton Town Council formally submitted the Crediton Neighbourhood Plan to Mid Devon District Council as required by the Neighbourhood Plan regulations. The submission materials were reviewed and checked to ensure regulatory compliance and enabled the plan to proceed to the Regulation 16 Publicity Period. This ended on 14 January 2022.
- Following this period, Mid Devon District Council in co-operation with Crediton Town Council, appointed Barbara Maksymiw as the independent Examiner to carry out the examination of the plan. The Neighbourhood Plan was submitted to the appointed examiner, along with supporting documents and representations received during the publicity period.
- Following the independent examination of the Crediton Neighbourhood Plan, Mid Devon District Council determined that the plan, as modified to incorporate the Examiner’s recommendations, would proceed to a Referendum.
- The referendum took place on 22 September 2022, asking the following question:
“Do you want Mid Devon District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Crediton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
719 in favour (88%)
94 against (12%)
Further details and all required specific documents relating to the Crediton Neighbourhood Plan can be viewed below:
- Crediton Neighbourhood Plan
- Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Statement
- Independent Examiner Report
- Stakeholder Representations to Independent Examiner
- Community Consultation information to Independent Examiner
- Statement that Crediton Neighbourhood Plan meets basic conditions
For further information on the process, please see the Mid Devon District Council website.